Responsible for directing and administering the operational efforts of the division. Ensures that established policies and procedures are followed. Oversees provision of a full range of services to members and prospective members. Ensures that members are promptly and professionally served. Actively recruits select employee groups as well as community groups. Is responsible for producing good quality member loans. Cross-sells credit union services. Trains, directs, and supervises division staff.
• Assumes responsibility for the effective and efficient performance of division operations.
• Supervises work scheduling and workflow of daily routine operations.
• Ensures that operations are conducted in accordance with established Credit Union policies and with legal and regulatory requirements.
• Ensures division security. Opens and closes the building in accordance with set hours and tests security equipment quarterly.
• Acts as a loan officer, processing and approving member loans within established policies and limits.
• Supervises and assists with member services functions. Cross-sells Credit Union services.
• Implements changes to established policy and procedures within the division.
• Assumes responsibility for maintaining the proper cash controls. To include: ensuring that all division transactions are balanced at the close of each day, overseeing individual accountability for the handling of cash and assists tellers in resolving balancing problems, controlling and handing daily deposits in accordance with established policies and procedure, and periodically verifying cash in possession of tellers and cash on the premises.
• Provides leadership through effective objective setting and communication.
• Directly supervises all division personnel. Ensures that high quality work and efficiency in operations are maintained. Determines work methods and flow through assigning, directing, coordinating, and reviewing tasks.
• Conducts regular meetings with division employees to inform and train. Discusses areas needing improvement and changes in procedure.
• Conducts weekly meetings with division management staff to coordinate activities for the following week.
• Ensures that personnel are well trained in all phases of their respective jobs. Completes orientation of new employees in overall division procedures. Performs cross training as necessary. Conducts security training.
• Ensures that personnel are effective and optimally used. Determines appropriate staffing levels for proper utilization of human resources.
• Tracks individual progress and conducts performance appraisals on each employee at least twice annually. Formulates and implements corrective actions as needed. Recommends promotions for employees as appropriate. Provides leadership training to employees seeking management opportunities.
• Approves all sick leave, vacation, overtime, and time cards for each division employee. Keeps accurate payroll and attendance records.
• Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective, professional business relations with members.
• Ensures that members' requests and questions are promptly resolved. Handles members' complaints.
• Ensures that members are informed of Credit Union services and policies. Counsel’s members regarding their financial needs and services requested.
• Ensures that the Credit Union's quality reputation is maintained and projected.
• Actively recruits select employee groups as well as community groups, and maintain relationships with them to increase usage of Credit Union products and services. Is responsible for producing good quality member loans.
• Assumes responsibility for the effective administration of division functions.
• Ensures that division operations are well coordinated with Credit Union accounting, loan processing, and credit functions.
• Manages and oversees expenses. Pursues cost-saving measures.
• Continually seeks ways to improve division operations and productivity and to meet established goals.
• Prepares periodic division activity reports and makes recommendations to management for improvements.
• Ensures that proper maintenance and general housekeeping of the building, grounds, work areas, desks, and equipment is carried out, including snow and ice removal.
• Ensures that adequate supplies, forms, and equipment are available for personnel.
• Institutes prudent safety measures.
• Keeps management informed of division activities, progress toward established objectives, and of any significant problems. Requests assistance when necessary.
• Assumes responsibility for related functions as required or assigned. Fills in and performs duties in division positions as needed. Attends assigned training sessions and stays current on new operational procedures.
• May be required to attain and/or maintain NMLS registration.
Education/Certification: High school graduate or equivalent. Additional college coursework in business or finance preferred. Must have current Credit Life/Credit Disability license with State of Ohio or the ability to acquire Credit Life/Credit Disability licensure with State of Ohio within 120 days of employment.
Experience Required: Minimum of 2-5 years of progressive financial experience in a financial institution; of which, six (6) months to three (3) years in a financial management or leadership role.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Understanding of the Credit Union’s field of membership;
Thorough knowledge of Credit Union services and products;
Understanding of related legal and regulatory requirements;
Familiarity with division functions, policies, and procedures;
Excellent communication, interpersonal, and supervisory abilities;
Organizational and analytical skills;
Ability to operate related computer applications and related business equipment;
Attention to detail;
Ability to maintain an effective and efficient work flow; and,
Strong project management skills.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
The work environment described here is representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level is usually moderate and typical of those in a typical office or call center.
Physical and Intellectual Demands:
Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Ability to hear normal conversations, type, pick up small objects, and convey detailed instructions accurately. Ability to apply logical or scientific thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Able to interpret a variety of technical instructions and can deal with multiple variables. Ability to perform simple algebra, profit and loss, proportion, percentage, and ratios. Ability to prepare business letters, proposals, summaries and reports using proper punctuation, grammar, diction and style. Ability to conduct training, and make professional presentations.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can ony use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. For more information on E-verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at HR@universal1cu.org or by phone at 937-431-3140 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.