Responsible for performing a broad variety of member services such as processing transactions, renewing certificate accounts, member maintenance, and excellent member customer service.
• Process personal member transactions including: deposit, withdrawal, check cashing, cash advances, loan and visa payments.
• Process business member transactions including: deposit, withdrawal, check cashing, cash advances, loan and visa payments.
• Opens new accounts and safe deposit boxes (if applicable).
• Processing of deceased accounts.
• Process new loan and Visa applications and payoffs.
• Process advanced member maintenance requests including: disputes, fraud, account conversion, adding joint owners and beneficiaries, wire transfers.
• Process sale of money orders and cashier’s checks and maintain proper inventory control.
• Knowledgeable in OFAC, EFunds, and True Checks and the proper application of each.
• Process loan disbursements.
• Balancing of cash drawer, ATM, and assist in branch balancing.
• Assumes responsibility for the effective and professional performance of member service functions.
• Presents and explains Credit Union services and products to members and assists in meeting their financial needs.
• Answers questions and solves problems for members by listening to problems, collecting data, securing answers and reporting results to the inquiring party. Assists with research and resolution of member concerns.
• Receives and directs members and telephone calls. Responds to inquiries and questions or directs them as necessary. Records and relays messages.
• Maintains and projects the Credit Union's professional reputation.
• Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective coordination and working relationships with area personnel and management.
• Completes required reports and records accurately and promptly.
• Actively and professionally cross sells Credit Union services.
• Successful completion of sales and lending training.
• Consistently meeting referral and sales goals and objectives.
• Mentor to new employees.
• Knowledgeable about NCUA insurance.
• May be required to attain and/or maintain NMLS registration
Education/Certification: High school diploma or equivalent. Must have current Credit Life/Credit Disability license with State of Ohio or the ability to acquire Credit Life/Credit Disability licensure with State of Ohio within 120 days of employment.
Experience Required: 12 months experience in financial institution;
6 months cash handling experience;
Customer Service experience.
Excellent communication and public relations skills. Role model for other member service representatives. Professional appearance, dress, and attitude. Ability to operate related computer applications and business equipment. Solid math and cash handling abilities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level is usually moderate and typical of those in a typical office.
Physical and Intellectual Demands:
The employee will be standing for long periods of time, bending, twisting, and lifting up to 25 pounds on a regular basis. Ability to hear normal conversations, type, pick up small objects, and convey detailed instructions accurately. Average, ordinary, visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S. If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment. Employers can ony use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9. For more information on E-verify, or if you believe that your employer has violated its E-Verify responsibilities, please contact DHS.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at HR@universal1cu.org or by phone at 937-431-3140 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.